1. Fully Automatic Chemical Analyzer .
2. Semi automatic Chemical Analyzer.
3. I125 Gamma Counter.
4. Na+, K+ & Cl- Electrolyte Analyzer.
5. P.C. Based Double Beam Spectrophotometer.
6. P.C. Based Fully Automatic Electrophoresis.
7. Cell Counter
8. Arterial Blood Gas Analyzer.
9. BOD Incubator.
10. Deep Freezer.
11. Refrigerator Centrifuge
The Department of Biochemistry is located in the third floor of the college building. In the premises of the department a well equipped air conditioned Post Graduate Research Laboratory is established. Radio Immuno Assay laboratory is functional according to the specification of Bhabha Atomic Research Center, Mumbai. This department is providing 24×7 Laboratory Services for the patients care. About 50 parameters are tested routinely, including, Thyroid profile, Fertility profile, Diabetic profile, Electrophoretic pattern of Hb in suspects with hemoglobinopathies. The department is engaged in regular EQA programme with CMC, Vellore. We are also striving to get NABL accreditation.
Other facilities & Achievement :
Dept. of Biochemistry has conducted National Level CME on “Management of Clinical Laboratory Services” which was held on 19/01/2013. Near about 100 delegates have participated in the National CME.
Achievement & Research :
1. Well established Clinical Biochemical laboratory is attached for the external quality Control to Christian Medical College, Vellore.
2. At present Biochemical Investigation will be carried out nearly 80,000 per year. Thyroid profile is done approximately 1200 per Year.
3. Various Candidates from different Research organization and Universities are deputed in this department to perform various research project for the partial fulfillment of their Post Graduation Degree & Doctoral Degree under the faculty members.
4. The Sickle cell Diagnostic Center has arranged so far 5 Camps on Sickle Cell Disease at different places of Chhattisgarh State. 1543 cases have been screened in the camps. The screening is carried out by the Solubility Test & confirmed by Electrophoretic Technique.Total Cases – 1543, Carrier – 110, Disease – 12
5. Lot of Paper presented and published in the Scientific Journals by the faculty members.
6. One Painting Competition and Exhibition on Sickle Cell is arranged on 18/12/04 on occasion of Guru Ghasidas Jayanti.
7. Since the college is established the passing percentage of the students in Biochemistry subject is approximately 80 – 90%. Every year a few students got the honour in the Biochemistry.:
1. Undergraduate Course in the faculty of Medicine (MBBS Degree Course).
1. Department has arranged the seminar on Advance Biochemical Topics.
2. Workshop – “Training Programme on Repairs & maintenance of Medical laboratory Instruments” organized with WRIC Mumbai on 20 to 25 Dec 2004.