Equipment available in Department :
2. Diagnostic laparoscope & operative laparoscope
3. Ultrasonography Doppler,
4. Cauterization cryo & thermal,
5. Cardio tocography,
6. Multipara monitors
Facilities Available in Department :
I. Obstetrics antenatal clinic -Daily
• Low risk pregnancy care
• High risk pregnancy care
I. Recurrent pregnancy loss.
II. Multiple pregnancy
III. Eclampsia & preeclampsia.
IV. Pregnancy with medical disorders
• Prenatal screening & Diagnosis
• Ante partum surveillance by ultrasound & Non stress test
II. Intrapartum care
• Intensive intrapartum monitoring
• Cardiotocograph with facility for continues monitorling
• Other fetal well being tests
III. Family planning service
Deptt. Is a recognized centre for
medical termination of pregnancy and male & female sterilization
providing regular service –
- Tubectomy conventional
- Counseling & provision of Condom, Oral pills, IUCD etc.
IV. Gynecological care
Treatment of all types problem in women
- Menstrual irregularity
- Excessive bleeding
- Pelvic inflammation
- Gynecological Tumors
- Infertility management
- Gynecological oncology service
- Colposcopy, pap smear & other screening method for gynecological
- Radical surgeries by experts.
- Abortion care.
All types of major, minor obstetrics and
gynecological surgeries are performed including
- Total abdominal hysterectomy.
- Vaginal hysterectomy for prolapse.
- Non decent vaginal hysterectomy Scar less surgery.
- Radical hysterectomy.
- Ovarian cystectomy.
- D& C, MTP, Sterilization, Biopsy.
Obstetrics Procedures :
- Facility of Caesarian section.
- Forceps delivery.
- Vacuum delivery.
- Obstetrics analgesia.
- NORMAL DELIVERY
VI. PPTCT centre to prevent HIV transmission from mother to child.
- Free counseling
- Free testing
- Anti retroviral treatment
- Comprehensive ante partum & intra partum care of HIV positive.
Research and Achievements :
Faculties of the department are regularly participating in
international national state conferences as guest faculty, Chairperson
and delegates. Ongoing research are-
1. Outcome of referral cases coming to CIMS OBG. Deptt.
2. Caparison BIW nifedepin & lubetelol in PIH.
3. SIL misoprostal in LSCS for prevention of PPH.
4. Role of 2doses of Iron sucrose injection at 16 & 28 wk for Iron
prophylaxis in pregnancy.
5. Incomplete abortion a scenario at CIMS.
6. Fetomaternal ante come in HIV positive women.
Teaching of MBBS student :
Intensive teaching of MBBS student by experienced teachers —
- Using Audiovisual charts models.
- Through regular theory, clinical, demonstration classes & Seminars.
- Daily bed side clinic in batches of 25 students in one batch.
Symposiums / Seminar :
Regular seminars one in every month conducted in the department.
- Conducted live surgical workshop on surgeries for cancer cervix.
- Deptt. is regularly conducting awareness program for women health,
maternal nutrition, and hygiene and HIV prevention.