Hospital is 550 beded and run by unit systems. It is a dietary Hospital. Clinical side rooms (CSR) are available in the ward. All basic and advanced investigations are done in the hospital. It has a central laboratory with three components (Biochemistry, Pathology & Microbiology).Read more
Department of Biochemistry
Chhattisgarh Institute of Medical Sciences (CIMS), Bilaspur, CG
About Department :
The discipline of Biochemistry has expanded by leaps and bounds. It is an independent subject and holds a key position in the curricula of Medical colleges and it is one of the basic pre Clinical subjects for the 1st MBBS students. This basic sciences subject makes a plinth for house of medicine. A sound and comprehensive learning of Biochemistry will help a Medical student to understand Medicine and Pathology more clearly. With this aim department is impartment is imparting the knowledge to the students of Medicine.
The Department of Biochemistry is located in the third floor of the college building. In the premises of the department one library having 150 books, well equipped air conditioned Post Graduate Research Laboratory, Students Demonstration Hall, Lecture Theater where the biochemistry is taught, Student Practical Hall having capacity of 90 Students at a time perform the practical, separate accommodation for each faculty member and non teaching staff are available. One Radio Immuno Assay laboratory is made accordingly to the specification of Bhabha Atomic Research Center, Mumbai is attached separately to department. Room is available for Special Biochemical Investigation. Various CSIR projects are run under the department. All the rooms in the department are ventilated.
This department is providing 24 Hrs Laboratory Services for the patients care. More than 20 parameters routinely carried out. Thyroid Profile is routinely performed by Radio Immuno Assay Method as well as Electrophoretic pattern of Sickle Cell Anemic patients is routinely done by this department. The Clinical Biochemistry Department is attached with Christian Medical College and Hospital, Vellore to maintain the Quality Control of Investigations. Various projects have undertaken and completed by the faculty members of this department.
Labs in Department :
1. Undergraduate Lab
2. Post Graduate Lab
3. Endocrine Lab
4. CSIR Sickle Cell Mission Mode Project Lab
5. Advance Research Lab
Available Equipment :
1. Fully Automatic Chemical Analyzer .
2. Semi automatic Chemical Analyzer.
3. I125 Gamma Counter.
4. Na+, K+ & Cl- Electrolyte Analyzer.
5. P.C. Based Double Beam Spectrophotometer.
6. P.C. Based Fully Automatic Electrophoresis.
7. Cell Counter
8. Arterial Blood Gas Analyzer.
9. BOD Incubator.
10. Deep Freezer.
11. Refrigerator Centrifuge
Facilities Available in Department : The Department of Biochemistry is located in the third floor of the college building. In the premises of the department a well equipped air conditioned Post Graduate Research Laboratory is established. Radio Immuno Assay laboratory is functional according to the specification of Bhabha Atomic Research Center, Mumbai. This department is providing 24×7 Laboratory Services for the patients care. About 50 parameters are tested routinely, including, Thyroid profile, Fertility profile, Vit B, D, Diabetic profile, Electrophoretic pattern of Hb in suspects with hemoglobinopathies. The department is engaged in regular EQA programme with CMC, Vellore. We are also striving to get NABL accreditation.
Other facilities & Achievement :
1. Dept. of Biochemistry has conducted National Level CME on “Management of Clinical Laboratory Services” which was held on 19/01/2013. Near about 100 delegates have participated in the National CME.
2. Dept. of Biochemistry has conducted National Level CME on “Molecular Basis of Diabetes” which was held on 01/02/2018. Near about 300 delegates have participated in the National CME.
3. Dept. of Biochemistry has conducted National Level CME on “Sickle Cell workshop & Update” which was held on 25/03/2018. Near about 400 delegates have participated in the National CME.
4. Dept. of Biochemistry has conducted National Level CME on “POCT” which was held on 27/01/2019. Near about 150 delegates have participated in the National CME.
Achievement & Research :
1. Well established Clinical Biochemical laboratory is attached for the external quality Control to Christian Medical College, Vellore.
2. At present Biochemical Investigation will be carried out nearly 400,000 per year.
3. Various Candidates from different Research organization and Universities are deputed in this department to perform various research project for the partial fulfillment of their Post Graduation Degree & Doctoral Degree under the faculty members.
4. The Sickle cell Diagnostic Center has arranged many Camps on Sickle Cell Disease at different places of Chhattisgarh State.
5. Lot of Paper presented and published in the Scientific Journals by the faculty members.
6. Since the college is established the passing percentage of the students in Biochemistry subject is approximately 80 – 90%. Every year a few students got the honour in the Biochemistry.
1. Undergraduate Course in the faculty of Medicine (MBBS Degree Course).
1. Department has arranged the seminar on Advance Biochemical Topics.
2. Workshop – “Training Programme on Repairs & maintenance of Medical laboratory Instruments” organized with WRIC Mumbai on 20 to 25 Dec 2004.
|Name||Designation||Qualification||Contact No||Email Id|
|Dr. Pradeep Kumar Patra||Director Cum Professor & Head||MBBS, MD(Biochemistry)||email@example.com|
|1||List of Teaching Staff||Download PDF File|
|2||List Non Teaching Staff||Download PDF File|
About CIMS Bilaspur
Chhattisgarh Institute of Medical Sciences (CIMS), Bilaspur
CIMS Institute Library is one of the best libraries in CG State & having sufficient number of text books in all subject books reference books, national & foreign journals in each subject & Internet Access Wi-Fi. It has more than 9000 book & Indian & foreign journals available as on date.Read more