Hospital is 550 beded and run by unit systems. It is a dietary Hospital. Clinical side rooms (CSR) are available in the ward. All basic and advanced investigations are done in the hospital. It has a central laboratory with three components (Biochemistry, Pathology & Microbiology).Read more
Department of General Medicine
Chhattisgarh Institute of Medical Sciences (CIMS), Bilaspur, CG
About Department :
Department of Medicine is having 120 beds, which is armed with 10 bedded ICCU for acute coronary disease and critical cases (particularly Snake Bite, Scorpion Sting and various poisoning etc.). The department is providing comprehensive health care to male and female above 14 yrs of age through daily OPD, special investigation like Electrocardiography, Echocardiography, TMT, Endoscopy, Electroencephalogram Holter monitoring & Hemodialysis and 24 hrs emergency with special attention to high risk patients. We keep abreast ourselves with new diagnosis and therapeutic techniques & make them available to the patients. The common medical diseases also looked after are Hypertension, DM, Infection disease including TB, HIV.
Facilities Available in Department :
1. Intensive Care Unit : 10 bedded ICCU is equipped with all modern facilities like Ventilators, Central Monitoring System, Multipara Monitors, Defibrillators, Electrocardiograms, Nebulizers, Central Oxygen and suction facilities etc. for management of critical ill cardiac patients. A bedside Echocardiography machine is also installed in ICCU.
2. Medical ICU : A new Medical ICU has been established to take care of critically ill patients like Poisoning, Snake Bite, Scorpion Sting and Stroke etc. with facilities of Multipara Monitors, Oxygen Concentrator, Pulse oxymeters etc.
3. Isolation Ward : A ward consisting of 15 beds has been established to take care of patients like Gastroenteritis, Tetanus, Rabies and other infectious disease.
4. Acute Medical Ward : A new ward consisting of 20 bedded has been established to take care of all patients and special attention for Cerebral Malaria, Hepatic Encephalopathy, Encephalitis and Multi Organ Dysfunction etc. orphan and Immuno-compromised patients are being given special attention round the clock. Once the patients get settled, they are being transferred to various male and female ward for the further management.
5. ART Centre : ART Centre has been started on 2nd floor of the hospital building. Patients of HIV positive are counseled in presence of Nodal Officer and Medial officer in Charge.
All HIV positive patients receive medicine supplies by NACO (free of cost).
CD4 count machine working for deciding the treatment line of various categories of patients.
HIV positive patients and family members are being counseled regularly.
6. OST Centre : Has been established and will be start working within month after appointment of trained Doctor & Nurses.
7. Out Patient (OPD) Service :
Location; Room No. 30 to 37, 2nd Floor, OPD Building.
Timing; 9:00 am to 2:00 pm.
The outpatient clinic is conducted daily from Monday to Saturday; each unit consults two days in a week.
Equipment Available in The Department :
1. Central Monitoring System in ICCU. Equipped with bed sided Echocardiography facility.
3. Multipara Monitors.
4. Syringe Pumps.
5. Holter Monitor.
7. Echocardiograph in OPD.
11. Upper GI Endoscope.
12. Pulse oxymeters.
14. Oxygen concentrator.
15. Hemodialysis Machine.
16. ECG Analyzer.
17. ECG, Machine.
18. Automatic Blood Gas Analyzer.
19. Fetal Doppler.
20. Nerve Stimulator
Research & Publication :
01. Khan Y, Pandey S,. Clinical Manifestation in Sickle Cell Anemia: A Study in CIMS, Bilaspur, CG, India; IOSR-JDMS 2015; 14 (9), 33-36.
02. Khan Y, Dua A, Pandey S, Anasri N. Study of stroke patients in CIMS, Bilaspur, CG, India. IOSR- JDMS 2015; 14 (8), 04-08.
03. Khan Y, Mohanty SK, Kuma H, Pandey S. Uper GI Endoscope finding in patients with Dyspepsia; our experience at CIMS, Bilaspur, CG, India. IOSR-JDMS 2014; 13(5), 08-12.
04. Singh L, Jain L, Singh H, Nigam P Risk Factor profile for CAD among young and elderely patients in CG. J Clin. Biomed Sci. 2013; 3C4: 171-76.
05. Singh L, Murthy R, Singh H, Nigam P. Asymptomatic bactriurea in patients with type 2 DM NJIRM 2013, Vol. 4 (6) Nov-Dec PISSN: 2230-9969.
06. Singh L, Jain L, Singh H, Nigam P. Effect of Artesunate on ECG QT interval in patients with PF malaria,International Journal of physiology ISSN 2013; 1, 156-59.
07. Singh H, Singh L, Dhruv V, Jitpure S. Knowledge attitude and practice of hospital waste management in CIMS and associated hospital. Global journal for research and analysis, Vol. 4, Issue 7 July 2015, ISSN (P) 2277-8160.
08. Benn AR, Tembhurnikar P, Deshkar AT, Bajpai KS. Supracondylar Osteotomy of femer for management of Deformities around knee joint: A camp experience in Chhattisgarh, International Journal of Scientific Study 2015; 3 (5); 76-81.
09. Tembhurnikar R, Tembhurnikar P, Management of fractures of Distal Femur. GJRA 2015; 4 (7), 2277-8160.
10. Swain JP, Shukla HK, Nigam P. Study of dexamethasone – cyclophosphamide pulse therapy in SLE in tertiary care centre in CG. JEDMN 2015; 2 (52), 2349-2570.
11. Swain JP, Shukla HK. Clinical analysis of Diabetic Demoangiopathy in tertiary care centre (Accepted)
12. Thakur A K, Singh K, Masih J. a Prospective study of mortalities because of aluminum phosphide poisoning. RJPPD 2013, 05(01); ISSN 09754407.
Course : MBBS 150 Seats
List of CME/Symposiums/Seminar by General Medicine Department : Click Here to View
|Name||Designation||Qualification||Contact No||Email Id|
|Dr. Pankaj Tembhurnikar||Professor and Head||MBBS, MD (General Medicine)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|1||List of Teaching Staff||Download PDF File|
|2||List Non Teaching Staff||Download PDF File|
About CIMS Bilaspur
Chhattisgarh Institute of Medical Sciences (CIMS), Bilaspur
CIMS Institute Library is one of the best libraries in CG State & having sufficient number of text books in all subject books reference books, national & foreign journals in each subject & Internet Access Wi-Fi. It has more than 9000 book & Indian & foreign journals available as on date.Read more