Hospital is 550 beded and run by unit systems. It is a dietary Hospital. Clinical side rooms (CSR) are available in the ward. All basic and advanced investigations are done in the hospital. It has a central laboratory with three components (Biochemistry, Pathology & Microbiology).Read more
Department of Community Medicine
Chhattisgarh Institute of Medical Sciences (CIMS), Bilaspur, CG
About Department :
This department came into existence with the inception of the medical college in the year 2001. The department has been actively involved in research and epidemiological investigations apart from teaching. For training of interns and students two primary health centres and a community health centre is attached to the department. The department caters to the need of district and state health services as and when required.
Facilities Available in Department : The department is equipped with various AV aids for teaching and training of students and doctors working in the field. The department has a well equipped laboratory to conduct various investigations.
Departmental Publications :
List of Community Medicine Departmental Publications : Click Here to View
Health Centers :
List of Health Centers Catered by Community Medicine Department : Click Here to View
Achievement & Research :
1. Dr. Hemlata Thakur, Professor & Head, Department of Community Medicine, CIMS, Bilaspur, C.G. have been awarded with “34th Dr. S. Radha Krishanan Memorial National Teacher Award- 2018” New Delhi on 4th September 2018.
2. Dr Aditi Chandrakar have been awarded with “Best Poster Award” on 18th November2017 at SCZ-IAPSMCON 2017.
Department is actively involved in various research activities in the field of public health. Some of the salient research projects in hand I completed includes -
1. Monitoring and Supervision of ICDS programme in the State being conducted by Central Government under supervision of National Institute of Public Cooperation and Child Development, New Delhi
2. Study of malnutrition among school children
3. Study of Flourosis epidemic in Korba district of the state.
4. Epidemiological profiling of HIV/AIDS in the state.
5. Sentinel surveillance of HIV/AIDS in Chhattisgarh State.
Undergraduate Course in the faculty of Medicine (MBBS Degree Course)/Post Graduate.
Various CME’s, Symposiums, Seminars and workshops programmes have been organized by department alone or in collaboration with state government and its different departments.
The department regularly conducts seminars and workshops. Some the salient activity under this category includes-
1. Seminar on role of formal leaders in prevention of HIV infection in the State.
2. Workshop on disaster management.
3. Seminar on research methodology for students
4. Seminar on distribution and determinants of HIV/AIDS infection in Chhattisgarh State.
5. Training of medical officers on management of mental health.
6. Training of medical officers on management of STI.
Other Activites :
• Mission Indradhanush in collaboration with state government and UNICEF.
• Malaria survey in different areas of Bilaspur district.
• Epidemic investigation on Gastro Enteritis village karpiha, block kota , district Bilaspur on 11th august 2016.
• Epidemic investigation of diarrhea vomiting affected area of block Mainpat, district Sarguja 26-27 august 2016.
• Diphtheria field survey village karpiha, block Bilha, district Bilaspur on 18/09/2017 to 26/09/2017.
• Global Iodine Deficiency Disorder prevention week 25.10.2017 Slogan and poster competition on Topic by MBBS Student.
• Diarrhoea Epidemic Investigation 12/06/2017 and today 13/06/2017 in village Darrabhata of Sipat, block Masturi, district Bilaspur, Chhattisgarh.
• World Hearing Day
1. 3 march 2018 Higher secondary school Parsada, block Bilha.
2. 15 march and 16 march 2018 Village Seepat, block Masturi, Bilaspur.
• Tuberculosis awareness and sensitization programme World tuberculosis Day 24th march 2018, Village parsada (Bilaspur).
• Health talk on Breast feeding- Breast feeding week event on 06/07/2018 at village Pansada, Bilaspur.
• Water borne epidemic investigation 31 May 2019 Marwahi.
|Name||Designation||Qualification||Contact No||Email Id|
|Dr. Shakuntala Jitpure||Professor and Head||MBBS,
MD (Comm. Medicine)
|1||List of Teaching Staff||Download PDF File|
|2||List Non Teaching Staff||Download PDF File|
About CIMS Bilaspur
Chhattisgarh Institute of Medical Sciences (CIMS), Bilaspur
CIMS Institute Library is one of the best libraries in CG State & having sufficient number of text books in all subject books reference books, national & foreign journals in each subject & Internet Access Wi-Fi. It has more than 9000 book & Indian & foreign journals available as on date.Read more