Hospital is 550 beded and run by unit systems. It is a dietary Hospital. Clinical side rooms (CSR) are available in the ward. All basic and advanced investigations are done in the hospital. It has a central laboratory with three components (Biochemistry, Pathology & Microbiology).Read more
Department of ENT
Chhattisgarh Institute of Medical Sciences (CIMS), Bilaspur, CG
About Department :
The Department of E.N.T. was established in 2001. The department deals with Ear, Nose and Throat diseases of the body. The department had constant guidance of Dr. Arti Pandey (Professor and HOD).
Facilities Available in Department :
The Department of Otolaryngology at CIMS, Bilaspur strives to provide highest standards of health care to the patients. The faculty, resident and the supporting staff are committed to provide a variety of services and treatment for diseases of the Ear, Nose, Throat and Head and Neck. Region. The department provides services to the patients in the following specialties:
(A) Audiological Investigations
- Pure tone audiometry with special audiological tests
- Free field audiometry
- Impedance Audiometry
(B) Speech related facilities
- Speech Assessment
- Facilities for Post Cochlear Implant Therapy
ENT deptt. is working on providing the facility of “Mook Bhadhir Bal Shravan Yojna”launched by Chief Minister of Chhattisgarh in Feb 2010. This yojna will help deaf and mute babies to get cochlear implantation done.
(C) Vertigo clinic
(D) All ENT related problems.
-OPD runs on 3rd floor of CIMS,Bilaspur.
-Total number of patients-50-60/day (OPD patients)
-Total number of audiologic tests-3-4/day
-One major OT that function twice a week.(Tuesday & Friday)
-One minor OT exist in OPD.Work 7 days a week.(8-10 cases/day)
Major Surgeries :
Laryngectomy, Maxillectomy, Mandibulectomy, Neck Dissection Mastoidectomy, Thyorid operation, Thympanop, Glossectomy/Tonsilectomy, Septoplasty/ Parotidectomy 30 bed available, No. of OPD 2400/ month, No. of Major Surgery 85/month.
Courses Offered :
Teaching roster is followed as per MCI rule in teaching to MBBS students about different aspects of Ear,Nose and Throat diseases.Rotatory interns getting trained in ENT for 1 month.Interns of BASLP getting trained in audiology and speech therapy.
Additional Responsibilities :
In spite of paucity of staff and busy departmental curriculum, E.N.T deptt. has been giving its best to the hospital in terms of critical care and out patient department care. E.N.T at CIMS, Bilaspur has one of the busiest OPD’s in whole hospital. Under the guidance of Dr. Arti Pandey the staff of E.N.T takes part in various other activities like active participation in Health camps, Departmental CME organised by IMA, Govt camps & other NGO's,giving free of cost services.
With special interest Dr. Arti Pandey is involved in 'Swasthya Jaagrukta' and 'Jan Chetna' shivir which is organised in collaboration with Gayatri Parivar.
CME & Workshop :
1. “Airway And Dysphagia Update – 2019” held on 25th-26th May 2019 at AIIMS, Raipur (C.G.)
2. SCB, Medical college Cuttack 21 to 23rd Nov 2013, Resised Basic Workshop CISP at Cuttack 29th to 31st march 2016,cuttack 8th April 19 to 10th April 2019.
3. State level workshop on live surgery dissection (ENT- update) at Raipur on 15th Nov, 2018.
4. “Pain Management : An Update” held on 15th Oct 2015 at NIMS University, Jaipur.
5. “Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation : In Present Scenario” held on 15th Oct 2016 at NIMS University, Jaipur.
6. “C.M.E.- Cancer Pain Management : An Update & Workshop - Cadaveric Regional Blocks” held on 17th Dec, 2016 at NIMS University, Jaipur.
7. “RAJAOICON-2016”- “Pre Conference Live Surgical Workshop” - held on 21st Oct 2016 at GMCH, Udaipur.
8. “MIDAOICON Raipur” Participate in Hands on “CADAVERIC TEMPORAL BONE DISSECTION COURSE” held on 16th – 18th Nov, 2018 at Raipur.
|Name||Designation||Qualification||Contact No||Email Id|
|Dr. Arti Pandey||Professor and Head||MBBS, M.S.(ENT),PGDML, PGDHHM, CCR, FCGP||7987516992 / firstname.lastname@example.org|
|1||List of Teaching Staff||Download PDF File|
|2||List Non Teaching Staff||Download PDF File|
About CIMS Bilaspur
Chhattisgarh Institute of Medical Sciences (CIMS), Bilaspur
CIMS Institute Library is one of the best libraries in CG State & having sufficient number of text books in all subject books reference books, national & foreign journals in each subject & Internet Access Wi-Fi. It has more than 9000 book & Indian & foreign journals available as on date.Read more